AboutAbout ICADV and the Committee
Illawarra Committee Against Domestic Violence is an interagency partnership including Government and Non-Government services.
The ICADV representatives consist of the following services:
- NSW Police Force – Wollongong and Lake Illawarra LAC
- NSW Health – Violence Abuse and Neglect Service (VANS)
- Shellharbour Council
- Supported Accommodation and Homelessness Services Shoalhaven Illawarra (SAHSSI)
- Illawarra Aboriginal Medical Service
- Baptist care
- Housing Trust
- Wollongong Women’s Information Service (WWIS)
- Illawarra Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service (DVCAS)
- Illawarra Women’s Health Centre
The vision of ICADV is to assist with the elimination of Domestic and Family Violence, and being a community leader in the cultural change required to achieve this.
An Illawarra community that is free from Domestic and Family Violence.
- Raise awareness in the community about Domestic and Family Violence
- Focus resources by identifying service gaps and barriers to accessing services
- Keep a watching brief on policy affecting Domestic and Family Violence
- Identifying new trends and training opportunities